Featured Signature on purple glass vase ID

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rink28, Aug 30, 2020.

1. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

hi i was wondering if anyone could hekp me identify this signature. This vase is in a upcoming sale and would like to get a little more info. Last name looks to be murano but can't make out first two names. Thanks for any info!

20200830_151727.jpg 20200830_171234.jpg 20200830_171254.jpg

stracci, bercrystal and janettekay like this.
  2. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Archimede Seguso......Murano......Looks like Alexandrite. Very Valuable

3. Bdigger

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. Bdigger

I have seen this vase before. 90% sure it isn't Seguso. My next thought was TELAFLORA, but did not see a match. (good thing). It looks to be 10-12" tall (guesstimate). I will keep looking.

Here is my opinion of Value as an Alexandrite collector. FWIW.

Purple glass vase $25- $50
    Alexandrite Vase $75-$125
    Seguso Alexandrite Vase (verified) $250- ????

pearlsnblume and rink28 like this.
  5. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Thanks its listed as amethyst. So you don't think its by him?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  6. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

The signatures do not nearly match. Could someone else have signed this "for" the artist (legitimately)? Such as the studio, perhaps?

7. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

If its not by him I'm not gonna bid. So you guys don't think its by him?

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

9. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Thanks! That one is on ebay. So which is the authentic one? Lol

10. Bdigger

They are often listed as Amethyst by people unfamiliar with Alexandrite glass. I do not think it is by him though. It is a nice piece of Alexandrite for sure. I have little doubt that it is Alexandrite. If it isn't listed as such, it might go cheap and I would take a $25 chance on it. A little look under Florescent light or LED light would show the Blue.

11. Bdigger

to tell the truth.......I'm not sure either is Authentic. Research A. Seguso glass and see what you can find out about how they were signed. The Gold one MAY be Authentic, more his style. He didn't do many footed pieces. Most were flat bottom. But I'm far from an expert on them.
    One of the problems is that I could sign 100 pieces of glass with a Glass Pen and no 2 would be exactly alike. My thinking it is not by him is based on shape and style alone.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  12. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info guys. Its already at 50.00. So I dont know. I guess we will see what happens.

13. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

A lot of different variations of signatures on google images. So I really don't know

14. Bdigger

I do know that used clear stickers on their glass which said something like Seguso Vitrie italia murano. find one with both the sticker and signature and it may help you/

15. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

16. Bdigger

Great Site SIS......I do see that the bird on nest is Alexandrite....wish I could see what it sold for. Although it turns to more a smokey color then the more desirable blue. Also noticed almost all signatures have an A with a pointed top. Good info.

say_it_slowly likes this.
  17. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

18. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

This one looks very similar. This lot sold for 2200

19. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

This one is from Worthpoint, a signed, they say alexandrite, vase that is similar in shape with a twist. I don't have an account so don't know what is sold for. I tried to enhance the sig as it was hard to see.

upload_2020-8-30_21-51-43.png
    upload_2020-8-30_21-28-15.png

20. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

I got the vase for pretty cheap. Thanks say it slowly. Hopefully someone with a worthpoint will come along. I just took a gamble with it for the price. A lot of people that go to this auction isn't into glass more along tools and advertising items.

Christmasjoy and Lucille.b like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted