Featured Sig Help TIA 80’s/90’s Martini Glasses

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by reader, Jun 22, 2024.

1. reader

reader Well-Known Member

I’ve magnified to death and still haven’t a clue on sig. Anyone? TIA… IMG_2024-06-22-075322.jpeg IMG_2024-06-22-075308.jpeg IMG_2024-06-22-075252.jpeg IMG_2024-06-22-075239.jpeg

glassluv, bosko69 and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Cropped and tweaked one of your photos a bit, hope it helps.

IMG_2024-06-22-075308.jpeg

reader likes this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

© 2014.

Debora

reader likes this.
  4. reader

reader Well-Known Member

So much for my dating LOL…anyone on sig? Guessing they’re American but I have martinis with similar stem work that are Czech and 90s but unsigned.

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Colors aren't quite right for the 1980s.

Debora

il_1588xN.5073352773_kmn1.jpg.jpeg

6. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Colors are fine for the 90s..I have very similar museum store bought new art glass from then. These must have been a fortune…mine were $40 a glass in the 90s. Bought them on sale.

Debora likes this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

10 years old....... we're just not really expert on things 10 years old...:troll:

8. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Obviously I was so obsessed with the name that I totally missed the date BUT that should have no bearing on the ability of those that can decipher scribbles-thanks for reminding me anyway.

Had I looked at the date I still would have asked if anyone here could read the name.

Marote and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. komokwa

I'm sure you would have , but ten years ago when you joined up here..... I highly doubt you would have considered posting a Brand New item , or for that matter , seeing anyone else do the same.
    Ten years on.....the site has moved away from a forum to discuss Antiques , and now is welcoming of all manner of items from all ages.
    It is what it is , but you're right that a signature from yesteryear .... or one from yesterday.........well it's just a signature .
    Although the script from 100 years ago.........would look different !

10. reader

reader Well-Known Member

glassluv likes this.
  11. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Can you show the signature against a plan background? That mottled countertop is just making it harder.

komokwa likes this.
  12. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Many thanks Bev. I’m out and will try later. I actually tried under white paper and the sig disappeared but I’ll play with it. I’m just so curious as I really think they’re special and now realizing they’re contemporary they must have been stupidly pricey. My similar European ones are about 35 years old as I bought them new. I do think these are American studio glass.

13. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Black, dark grey or dark blue?

reader likes this.
  14. komokwa

give 'me' a break...
    you're pissed u missed the date.... that's not on me !

I just said the truth.....
    and agreed with you that a siggy is a siggy !!

Don't get yer knickers in a twist...I was in no way being condescending .......

(1. show that one feels superior; be patronizing)

Nahhh......... not me not here !!!

15. komokwa

but y'know what...... if you took it that way......... I do apologize !!

Marote likes this.
  16. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Thank you. BTW not pissed at all at missing the date-just feel pretty stupid since every glass was dated. It was your attitude about posting a contemporary item that got me. I still would have posted it but disclosed the date when asking for help hoping it was OK. In art, anything 80s forward is considered contemporary anyway and there would obviously be no difference in the sig. Plenty of stuff of that timeframe gets legitimately posted although I do try and stay with vintage items when asking for help. I’m still so surprised they’re so recent as they’re so similar to the vintage ones I own.

Meanwhile I will take better pics when home so by tomorrow. Some of you are so outstanding at sigs that maybe I’ll get lucky. I don’t expect value to be particularly affected but I would like to know the artist if possible.

Have a great day all…

17. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Hope these are clearer and as always, many thanks for your time. IMG_2024-06-23-231530.jpeg IMG_2024-06-23-231451.jpeg

Marote, Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted