should I buy glass bowl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Chris Mount, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Chris Mount

Chris Mount Getting there

Hi all saw this today for aud40 any thoughts on whether I should buy or not very striking colours and shape couldn't take a picture of bottom didnt want to break there was no markings anywhere hope someone can help chris 15099597862401.jpg 15099597862722.jpg 15099597861590.jpg 15099598072594.jpg 15099598072113.jpg

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

The glass people will weigh in with better advice, will know if it could be factory produced, but to me it looks like a serious piece of glass making & well worth AUD40. Do you like it? Do you have space for it? (Or planning to sell right away?) I keep thinking you could put it on your head & wear it home.

Aquitaine and judy like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Or to a nice Aussie picnic.

dgbjwc and Aquitaine like this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

I would pass it by at that price unless buying for yourself and you love it. Don't see much resale potential at that price in my market but your market may vary. We see large glass pieces like this from China in the big box stores here. Can be a bit pricey when new and sell well on the secondary market if reasonably priced. Your AUD40 would even be pushing it a bit on the secondary market here.

lloyd249, aaroncab and cxgirl like this.
  5. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

I have seen Murano glass bowls with that trim, however, I can't say for sure if this is Italian.

judy likes this.
  6. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

look under "end of day" glass bowl

7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

It reminds me of one of those hat bowls but without a ribbon. It's a hat, flip it over, it's a bowl.

8. Chris Mount

Chris Mount Getting there

appreciate all comments might pass on it 10 bucks I'd buy it 40 don't think so it is nice but reselling might be a stretch postage would be to much thanks again chris

lloyd249 likes this.
  9. lloyd249

lloyd249 it's not hoarding if it's valuable

RARE STUDIO ART END OF DAY GLASS HAT ARTISAN DSC05812.JPG

10. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Looks ideally suited to that end of day drink.

lloyd249 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted