Featured Sets From Marshall Fields & Neiman Marcus

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by dcfirebottle, Oct 16, 2024 at 1:48 PM.

1. dcfirebottle

dcfirebottle Active Member

Have a entire trunk full of this kind of stuff. At least 50 years old. I've had it for the last 35 years. Handwritten note on box says "White organdy tea cloth embossed in green". Table cloth and 14 napkins. The cocktail napkins came in the NM box.
    These things are nice but it seems there is no real market for them. Not too sure what to do with it all. Maybe sell it as a couple lots. Do people even use cocktail & cloth Resized_20241016_072610.jpeg Resized_20241016_072644.jpeg Resized_20241016_073038.jpeg Resized_20241016_073050.jpeg dinner napkins anymore?

johnnycb09, pearlsnblume and Bronwen like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

You can check eBay completed listings. I would think there would be special interest in those with the golf motif. None are labelled? The coat of arms, by way, is that of the Medici family. I suspect that means the napkins are of Italian origin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Medici

Debora

mirana and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Heavens! They had enough for a convention, let alone a tea party.

johnnycb09, mirana and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Lovely and well preserved.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

What a bittersweet reminder of times gone by . Imagine how lovely a luncheon table was with all those pretty linens. I especially like the chickens.

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted