Featured Set of oriental dishes

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brywil1970, May 21, 2019.

1. Brywil1970

Brywil1970 Well-Known Member

cool that these come with the importers paperwork dated 1926 and that the price was $45. But can anyone shed any more light on this huge set.

2DD743FC-273F-40D2-8700-42E0E71D255A.jpeg

8D97D9D3-8B99-4439-8B9B-FA53EEC57B15.jpeg

040D2FD1-ECE0-40D4-841D-74302E1EF194.jpeg

Attached Files:

Marzena, kyratango, patd8643 and 5 others like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That's a ****ava set. (Almost too much of a good thing.) The pattern is known as Famille Rose.

Debora

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Lovely ! It could very well be from 1926. They made this style for 100s of years (and still are) .That being said,unfortunately no one seems to want to hand wash fine china anymore and I see scads of this stuff everywhere. Some of the older stuff is quite pricey though.Ive learned my lesson about dragging home fine china !

kyratango, KikoBlueEyes and judy like this.
  4. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I agree. I have seen sets of fine china sit for months without anyone even looking at them at my favorite resale shop.

judy and kyratango like this.
  5. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Similar from a 1918 American retailer catalog:

china1918vantines-1.JPG

china1918vantines-2.JPG

~Cheryl

Marzena, judy, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  6. Brywil1970

I know I stay away from China unless it is a great collectible pattern. This is part of an estate sale I am doing and the family wa

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

wa...wa....was what ????
    i'm on the end of my seat here.........:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::)

judy and kyratango like this.
  8. Brywil1970

Lol wants at least $600 for them

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

well, if u were going to entertain....those r pretty jazzy !!

judy likes this.
  10. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I had a set of these dishes, service for 12 including 10 serving pieces. Had them for over 8 years. Listed them for 100 dollars on eBay no sale. My last yard sale I priced them at 60 dollars. 15 mins after opening, a wonderful duet of Turkish women offered me 75 dollars for the set. Some of the pieces were still marked 100 dollars. The sign saying 60 dollars had blown away. Those dishes were unused since the 1920s. They were so excited.
    greg

judy, kyratango, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  11. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Just want to add to my previous post... The pattern is more commonly referred to as Rose Medallion. (Famille Rose is a broader term and includes other designs.)

Debora

Bakersgma likes this.
  12. Brywil1970

Thanks guys

judy and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted