Seeking information on shield back chairs

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bandaid, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Bandaid

Bandaid New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I have a shield back chair with green upholstery a solid shield and rungs around the sides. It is not very ornate. It does have a simple carving at the top of the shield.the legs and supports appear to have been turned on a lathe not cut out and shaped. I have looked at many shield backs and none of them look much like the one I have. If anyone can tell me anything about it I would greatly appreciate it.
    I love antiques. My passion is antique bamboo, greenheart, and lancewood fly rods. I especially love British fly rods and wooden Nottingham reels. My big hobby is refurbishing antique fly rods that have seen better days. I strip them down, repair as needed, replace broken and corroded hardware, put on varnishand then wrap on the guides. I put nickle silver hardware on all my refurbished rods as well as an antique agate stripping guide and antique agate tip top. Both have nickle silver bezels.
    When I shop for antique furniture I always keep my eye out for antique rods. It can be quite a treasure hunt at times. Once in a while I find a real beauty for nothing but a song. Sometimes I just can't believe what people are getting rid of so cheap!!!
    I will try to put a picture of the shield back chair on this sight. I am quite computer illiterate. It's kind of funny, I can tie some of the most complex full dress married wing Atlantic salmon flies in the world but I have difficulty putting a picture on a computer. I guess I will have to ask a six year old to help me. It seems they know more about this sort of thing than I do ha! ha! ha!

Attached Files:

KingofThings likes this.
  2. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome!
    Please make your photos 480x640 and use the full image button for up to 10 per post. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted