searching for an antique print

Discussion in 'Art' started by TT Antique, Aug 7, 2020.

1. TT Antique

TT Antique Well-Known Member

Dear All,

I was looking for a certain antique print (probably wood engraving )entitled "Autunno" depicting children playing. But I dont seem to find it on google search . Any ideas where I could search ? I believe from the title it could be of Italian origin.
    thanks in advance!

TTA

judy likes this.
  2. Couch Potato Wannabe

Couch Potato Wannabe Well-Known Member

The difficulty you may face is that autunno simply means autumn, so to try and narrow down a specific image with a one word search may take some time and luck.

Include as much information as you possibly can, like the word italian, and a year and the artists name, in google image search you can also specify a colour scheme to search for, so if you have an idea of what the image looks like, try searching for a colour which fits the overall design, being autumn it may be red or orange or brown for instance, if it is a black and white image then black of grey instead.

Good Luck

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

If you think it's the work of an Italian artist... Translate your search terms using Google Translate and use Google.it as your search engine.

Debora

4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Aquitaine and komokwa like this.
  5. TT Antique

TT Antique Well-Known Member

Thanks all for the useful replies..I guess unless I have some more details to narrow down, it is like searching a needle in a haystack..
    thanks anyway!
    TTA

Draft saved Draft deleted