Search for origin of old teddy bear

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Zandor, Aug 30, 2023.

1. Zandor

Zandor New Member

Hello,

I came across your site while looking for an old teddy bear from my mother. I hope you can help me.
    I have already spent a lot of time researching your old, very old teddy on the internet where it came from. Unfortunately without any results until today.

I hope you can help me. The teddy is still in our possession, but unfortunately it doesn't look like it did for decades. The teddy was given to my mother when she was born in 1958. In terms of features and general appearance, it resembles a knickerbocker knuddles teddy, but not 100%. Maybe he is from Italy? I would be very grateful if you could tell me which company it comes from and when it really comes from.
    I have a old photo of the teddy bear, as it originally looked.

Many Greetings

scan.jpg

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

In what country was the teddy bear given as a gift?

Debora

Born2it likes this.
  3. Zandor

Zandor New Member

My mother got the teddy bear from a sales representative in Italy. I don't know if the teddy comes from Italy.

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. silverbell

silverbell Well-Known Member

WHY is he stepping on that poor baby's head??

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

In 1958, I'd think most likely of local (Italian) manufacture. Unless there was some sort of international connection.

Debora

6. Zandor

Zandor New Member

I'm more likely to assume that he's from Italy. But unfortunately I can't find any match with an Italian manufacturer, at least on the internet.

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

The baby is a doll with a celluloid head, so I think it'll be alright.

Figtree3 likes this.
  8. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

May we see a photo of how he currently looks? Maybe we could see the construction better.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

A quick search on eBay Italy for a "orsacchiotto d'epoca" brought up this one which looks quite similar (in the U-shaped construction of the torso and center seams down legs.)

https://www.ebay.it/itm/113785345216

Debora

s-l1600.jpg

Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

sure looks close !:happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted