Sculpture Alexander Krivosheiw limited edition 'Scoops' for Norwegian Cruise Line's new Prima class

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Sep 26, 2022.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this at a thrift store today. It's a smaller version - and limited edition - of his sculpture 'Scoops'. From the marks around the base I believe it was made for Norwegian Cruise Lines' (NCL) newest luxury ships the Primas.
    I've found NCL's Prima ships and I've found Krivosheiw's original Scoops - but nothing on the smaller Scoops made for NCL.

I'm guessing it was a gift for the first Prima's first passengers since there were 3,750 sculptures made and the first ship (scheduled to sail this past summer) holds 3,215 - with the difference maybe going to crew members or the company's executives?

Can anyone find out anything about this sculpture?

Thanks - any help would be greatly appreciated!

ART SCULPTURE DOG MINI SCOOPS ALEXANDER KRIVOSHEIW 1AA.JPG ART SCULPTURE DOG MINI SCOOPS ALEXANDER KRIVOSHEIW 1AAA.JPG ART SCULPTURE DOG MINI SCOOPS ALEXANDER KRIVOSHEIW 2AA.JPG ART SCULPTURE DOG MINI SCOOPS ALEXANDER KRIVOSHEIW 2AAA.JPG ART SCULPTURE DOG MINI SCOOPS ALEXANDER KRIVOSHEIW 3AA.JPG ART SCULPTURE DOG MINI SCOOPS ALEXANDER KRIVOSHEIW 3AAA.JPG ART SCULPTURE DOG MINI SCOOPS ALEXANDER KRIVOSHEIW 4AaA.JPG ART SCULPTURE DOG MINI SCOOPS ALEXANDER KRIVOSHEIW 9AA.JPG

2. reader

reader Well-Known Member

3. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Thank you reader!

Draft saved Draft deleted