Schreiber mirror

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Mrs O, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Mrs O

Mrs O New Member

Ive bought what appears to be a vintage round Schreiber vanity mirror.I cant find another one exactly the same on sale anywhere.most mirrors have a white back ive seen online and no logo.my mirror has got a wooden back with a Schreiber logo attached to the top.im unable to post a photo.Can anybody point me in the right direction for finding out more about my wooden back mirror or even links to compare Schreiber logos on furnitures

2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Many new people have trouble posting. What I do is email the photos to myself and select size medium. When you post your photos, please look for the Insert as Full Image at the top. Good luck.

3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Schreiber started furniture production in the UK in 1957, in the 70's it was bought out by MFI which produced junk.
    The Schreiber name is now owned by Sainsbury's super markets and they dropped production.

I don't think vintage Schreiber is very popular and not worth a great deal.

sabre123, komokwa and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  4. Mrs O

Mrs O New Member

This is very interesting information.I didnt know sainsbury's had bought them.Im not looking for my mirror to have much value per se,im just curious why my mirror is different than the ones ive seen on sale.and concidering the mirror is maybe 50 years old its in like new condition,no chips,no discolouration.I'll try to chance my picture size and attach a picture

Draft saved Draft deleted