Featured Schmid see through mantel clock

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Jun 25, 2024 at 1:02 PM.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this at a local thrift & at first thought it was a toy or like a carnival prize until I saw that it was made in Germany.
    I googled it & saw some Schmid clocks were valuable, buy all I found on mine was a Flickr photo - but that gave me the model: a Schmid Cristallo.
    Is it rare or just a cheap little Walmart type clock (except German instead of China!)?
    PS - it does keep good time!
    Any information would be great!

20240625_034731.jpg 20240625_035550.jpg
    20240625_035612.jpg

mirana, stracci, bercrystal and 4 others like this.
  2. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

3. journeymagazine

That's mine! I put $250 or best offer to see if anything happened.
    It must not have been very popular?!
    Thank you!

4. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Some people leave their listing on Ebay for weeks or months-not sure how many get bites after a month or two.

5. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

6. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

I really like the look of this one. Nice style and a clear case to show the mechanism. I hope someone takes you on your offer!

7. journeymagazine

Thank you!
    Kronos, how did you find that?!

Draft saved Draft deleted