Scant information other than four-toed dragon, but is it indicative of any period.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brian Warshaw, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Brian Warshaw

Brian Warshaw Well-Known Member

Like yesterday, in probability.

I really want to know if it is worthwhile going after more information from the seller. I rather like the soft style. It's a bit fairy taleish.

34 cm chinese vase 1.jpg

34 cm chinese vase 2.jpg

Any thoughts appreciated.

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

No picture of the underside or indication of marks?

Looks modern to me.

3. Brian Warshaw

@Bakersgma I was going to try and get some if your first thoughts were that it was interesting. As I suggested, the artwork looks a little as if it is out of a fairy tale.

4. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

The toes don't indicate period, but do suggest it is Chinese. It looks very new to me so I would only purchase it as a decorative piece at an appropriate price.

komokwa, Brian Warshaw and Bakersgma like this.
  5. Brian Warshaw

I think that settles it. Thank you to both of you.

Ce BCA likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted