Scandinavian??? Help with this tall glass lady please...

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ritzyvintage, Feb 12, 2021.

1. ritzyvintage

ritzyvintage Well-Known Member

This particular glass lady statue has me flummoxed in several ways :(

The maker is unknown to me, I've not seen a comparison, and its method of manufacture is quite bizarre?

Two different colours have been used to create it, which for "moulded glass" items is close to impossible, unless costly & time consuming Pate de Verre techniques are used. On close inspection, under magnifying glass, the base of this piece as not been made separately and then attached to the lady. It as been produced in one solid piece, and yet neither glass-colour-type spills/bleeds or blends with the other at all. The dark/stain as seen in my photos isn't glue of any kind.

It has the appearance of being Scandinavian, perhaps, or similar to figurines produced by Leerdam (Holland/Dutch) but???

I wouldn't say its an 'antique' in date, but It isn't a recent modern-day piece either, though I could be wrong? The quality of the glass itself is good & weighty and apart from the lady's face and just a few of the grapes she is carrying, all other surfaces (including the underside of the base) have been matt-satin frosted. She stands just over 12 inches, and so any ideas please???

upload_2021-2-12_16-17-5.png

upload_2021-2-12_16-17-31.png

upload_2021-2-12_16-17-56.png

upload_2021-2-12_16-18-20.png

pearlsnblume and johnnycb09 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted