said to be Tang. Does it look genuine?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by sunday silence, Nov 2, 2022.

1. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

2. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

Getting back to these. At first I think there's no way. People have trouble keeping their staffordshire spaniel pairs together for 150 years. How did anyone keep these ladies together for 1200? And look at the faces they have blush and lipstick on, which I dont think was even in china back then. On the other hand it does seem to have the Sancai color palette and the hair styles seem on point. Perhaps the faces were touched up in the recent past? Anyhow there's this piece that was authenticated in Oxford and sold on igavel for $6250 back in 2020. The face and the pose seem similar:

chinese-painted-pottery-figure-court_369_14613133aaf76f89d42141aaf9b923a3.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted