S. Bent Brothers chair ?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Bryan Pittman, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Bryan Pittman

Bryan Pittman New Member

Good Morning,
    I have a chair that I trying to identify and was hopeful you could help. It has a sticker on the bottom "S. Bent and Bros", photos attached. I spent quite a bit of time on the Internet trying to locate any old S. Bent and Brothers catalogs but had no luck. These chairs were handed down to my wife and no one in her family has any information on them. The house she grew up in was originally an old plantation that was turned into a school house and then turned into the home she grew up in in St. Francisville, Louisiana. I'd really like to find out more information on these chairs if possible. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks.

Thanks,
    Bryan

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Duplicate thread? See Introductions Forum

komokwa likes this.
  3. Bryan Pittman

Bryan Pittman New Member

Sorry about the duplicate thread Bakersgma. Do you have any idea where I can find catalog information on S. Bent Brothers chairs? Thanks.

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Sorry to say I don't. I just wanted any other posters who come along to make sure they see both threads in case they have information to share.

5. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

"S Bent & Brothers was a furniture company established in 1867. They closed in 2000. At one time Gardner, Mass., was known as the “Chair Capitol of the World.” Other well-known furniture companies located there were Conant-Ball, Heywood-Wakefield and Baumritter, the company that became Ethan Allen.

S. Bent and Brothers was known for producing well-made, high-quality furniture. They specialized in the style known as “Colonial Revival.” The two most common primary woods are maple and ash stained to look like oak. S Bent & Brothers were known for their well-made chairs, especially the Windsor type. They also produced dining room tables and other types of household furnishings. From the number of chairs I found in auction results, S Bent and Brothers must have made a great many Alumni chairs for a wide range of colleges and universities."

http://www.bradenton.com/living/liv-columns-blogs/article34063716.html

komokwa and Bakersgma like this.
  6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Would think late 19th to early 20th century. Ash kitchen chair.

7. jRob

jRob New Member

Hello would you know value on a University of Wisconsin s bent bros black rocking chairs

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

$25, or more...depending on condition..

Draft saved Draft deleted