Russian civilian medals - WW II era

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by Bev aka thelmasstuff, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

der_adler - do you know anything about these type of medals? I found one site that sold them and they were going for over $1000. When I contacted him, he told me to send them to him and he'd appraise them. Right. Not a chance.

Now I've seen a few online for much less, but I'm thinking they're repros. My uncle brought these back from WW II along with a bunch of German ones. If the Russian ones are valuable, I would sell them because we could use the cash. If they're not worth much, I'll just keep them.

Mine are packed away so I can't photograph them at the moment, but if you scroll down to the People's Education of Latvia 1944, that's similar to the three I have.

http://collectrussia.com/showcat.htm?cat=CivilSch

2. der_adler1

der_adler1 Member

Part of the problem is determining when they were made. A Hero of the Soviet Union medal is very valuable if it is WWII vintage. If it was made last week, not so much.

Do yours have the same screwback construction?

3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Just wanted to mention that these are not written in Russian so I think would more accurately be called Soviet rather than Russian.

4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I've put them away and have to find them. I do that a lot - tuck something away and then not remember where it is. When you live in a huge house with 7 bedrooms and many other rooms it's easy to lose stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted