Ruby Glass

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Josh, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

I am assuming it is a candlestick. Measures 3 1/2" tall and is 3 1/2" wide. Would anyone know the maker?

DSCF3545 - Copy.JPG DSCF3546 - Copy.JPG DSCF3547 - Copy.JPG DSCF3548 - Copy.JPG DSCF3549 - Copy.JPG

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Very nice.....i could see it doing other things than hold a candle.....;)

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

My memory is not what it used to be, but I think it is either a cigarette holder or match holder.
    Check Cambridge glass.

Dose this look like it would hold a place card? If so then cigarette holder. And of course I could be completely wrong.

upload_2017-7-27_14-19-17.png

Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

5. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

6. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

7. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Thanks TallCakes, this is an Aurora stem. But the pattern on the ruby pieces does not match, Aurora seems to be a plain pattern. If you look at the last picture in my original post, there are small raised arms on the ruby piece of glass. In the link I provided many pieces in the 3400 line are the same pattern. They actually show a representational drawing of this item near the bottom of the page. So I am not really sure which line to attribute this to. I have not had much luck finding any images of this piece in any of the colors the 3400 line was produced in.

8. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

I see the #3400 design on the bowl and this may be the form listed as item #144 as a "Cigarette or Place Card Holder - C/L#111". So it would seem you have a #1066 Aurora ashtray foot stem in crystal with a #3400 Cigarette/Place Card Holder bowl in Carmen (Cambridge name for this ruby color)
    http://www.cambridgeglass.org/articles/8184/81crystalball101c.php

found it listed as #3400/144 Cigarette Holder w/ Ash Tray Foot and Place Card Holder

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

That's what I thought , but figured I'd let the glassies have at it...:happy::happy:

yourturntoloveit likes this.
  10. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Thanks for all of the help.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted