Featured Royal Worcester gold lustre

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by JanieB, Apr 28, 2021.

1. JanieB

JanieB Active Member

Hi everyone,
    I am slowly working my way through some beautiful items I've inherited. I can find most things by googling but not this ... I know its Royal Worcester gold lustre but I can't find another one online anywhere. There are a couple of 4 part jugs, but not gold. So, I'm after your help please - does anyone have any idea of its age or catalogue number, value etc. please? It's in its original state but I'm sure it would look stunning once cleaned.
    Thanks in advance for any info!
    Best wishes,
    Jane
    worc3.jpg

worc1.jpg

2. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

The marks on the bottom of Worcester can often help date them, if you post a picture of the mark (or more than one if there are different marks) that will assist. Generally most of the Worcester gold lustre was from the 70's but there are exceptions.

JanieB and TraceyB like this.
  3. JanieB

JanieB Active Member

Thanks very much for your reply - here's the bottom of all of them (a bit grubby!). I hope it helps?
    Thanks again. worc4.jpg

Firemandk and TraceyB like this.
  4. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

I don't have that mark in my references, but I think the 'Fireproof' marks are from the 70's, someone else here may be able to confirm for you.

JanieB, KikoBlueEyes and judy like this.
  5. JanieB

JanieB Active Member

Thank you for checking for me. Now you've said 1970s I have a hunch they might have been a golden wedding anniversary present to my grandparents in 1975. So you've helped a lot - thanks!

Ce BCA and KikoBlueEyes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted