royal dux bohemia M czechoslovakia vase

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Tina Jansen, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Tina Jansen

Tina Jansen New Member

I have this Royal dux bohemia M Czechoslovakia vase. From what I can gather this vase was most likely made in the city of Most. I believe this stamp was used from 1953 onward; however, I would like to determine more of an exact date. Also I know these used to be valuable but not sure if they have held their value. This one was marked $125; however, like so many antiques I am thinking the value is now more like $25. Anybody familiar with this vase. If so any help would be appreciated with the date and the value. v.jpg vas.jpg vas.jpg vas.jpg

i need help likes this.
  2. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Can't comment much on the age or value but ... I can't help myself...

royaldux.jpg

3. Tina Jansen

Tina Jansen New Member

Funny but not overly helpful. However, laughter is the best thing ever!

4. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Dux is the old name of today's Duchcov, mainly used by the immigrated Germans. this here is of such poor and trivial make that it doesn't matter if made in the 50s or a newer Chinese fake. every $ spent on such stuff is one $ lost.

kentworld and judy like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it's pretty , though...

i need help likes this.
  6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome, Tina.
    :hilarious:
    Sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.:playful:

i need help and aaroncab like this.
  7. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

fid, I think you're actually getting crankier.

8. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I can't help on the date other than to say it would be before 1993 when Czechoslovakia was dissolved I'd think however you probably already know that. Here is a link to a site, which you may have visited already..

https://www.porcelainmarksandmore.com/related/bohemia/dux-01/index.php

From reviewing sold prices on Royal Dux, it seems to me that it was the pieces with human figures or bulbous fruits that brought the good money. The pieces I'm seeing that are more like yours don't seem to sell for too much.

i need help, aaroncab and Any Jewelry like this.
  9. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

realistic would be the word.

Jivvy likes this.
  10. Jivvy

Well, okay. Feels cranky.

Maybe I'm cranky.

Darkwing Manor likes this.
  11. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

In reading the original post, I can tell Tina has no outlandish expectations on the value. She’s merely asking for a more definitive date, if possible. It’s very pretty! No reason to diminish it, that I see. :)

12. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

no, you're not. you can call me grumpy. :)
    I feel as if more and more people think that buying and selling antiques is something similar to buying a lottery ticket. and then they're sad when it's not a REAL Dali or Picasso they shlepped home and we - or rather some of us - have to give the bad news - for free. :)
    I think it has something to do with all those antique shows on telly, where - surprisesurprise - a doll with a Pamela Anderson figure found a real diamond ring in the welfare shop or on a heap of junk near the village dump.
    as for this item here. it has nothing to do with my feelings - I'd wish for Tina's sake it was 25 $, but here in the midst of the continent you simply don't sell such stuff; salvation army shops have millions of similar standing around and don't get a fiver for them.

cxgirl, judy, Jivvy and 1 other person like this.
  13. Jivvy

:kiss:

That's so totally fair.

Also assume to be fair (outside my knowledge).

I guess I just feel badly for new folk who don't know you and aren't prepared for the Full Grumpy. :joyful:

14. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

true. may sound like it sometimes. but here it's the sad reality that people who know a bit about European ceramics don't touch Dux without the pink triangle, that's the division line between collectable and not worth it.

cxgirl, judy and Jivvy like this.
  15. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I was wondering if this was not the real deal, but I’ve only seen Dux items with the pink triangle pad. Hi Fid! :)

judy and Fid like this.
  16. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

long time no see. where are you hanging around ? :)
    I was astonished as well to find a Most mark online and am still a bit suspicous about it, although the site is rather well known and correct for what little I know.

judy likes this.
  17. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

That was my impression as well. And Tina seems pretty laid back, with a sense of humour too.:)

judy, i need help and Mansons2005 like this.
  18. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

I have never thought of Fid as "cranky" or "grumpy".

I like to think that he as is blunt and uncluttered with artifice as I would like to be if I weren't afraid that the ghost of my mother or grandfather would appear late in the night and smack me up the side of my head....................

SBSVC, Fid, Jivvy and 1 other person like this.
  19. Jivvy

My apologies to the OP for completely derailing her thread.

I blame @aaroncab for posting a cheery duck that, by comparison ONLY, made Fid look grumpy. :joyful:

aaroncab, judy and Mansons2005 like this.
  20. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

yesterday night I was thinking about my grampa. when looking a documentation where an elderly man spoke to 400'000 people - a staunch republican who stood up against all the narrow-minded neighbors who didn't like long-haired people, drugs and music and gave them the chance of their lifetime to organize something unique.
    it's a problem of ethics and education; he called it free speech in accordance with the US constitution; my grampa was known in his little town to open his mouth even before the judge and when the threat of destruction by Germany was at the door. I think we should not try to interpret everything as harsh as it may look in the first moment; a bit less PC and a bit more sense of reality could help.
    this trained ¨Über PC" doesn't bring any results in the end.
    RIP Max Yasgur

Draft saved Draft deleted