"Roseville" "Donatello" Wall Pocket - Real Deal?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brenda M, Jun 25, 2024 at 9:22 PM.

1. Brenda M

Brenda M Member

Hi everyone,

I have this wall pocket and it looks like Roseville Donatello but two concerns: No signature on back and the separation around the putti/angels. Can someone take a look for me and give me their opinion?

Thanks! 20240622_200356.jpg 20240622_200423.jpg

kentworld and cxgirl like this.
  2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Looks right to me.

trip98, cxgirl, sabre123 and 2 others like this.
  3. Brenda M

Brenda M Member

Thanks Brad. So some pieces are unmarked? I guess the lines/damage are just normal for the age?

cxgirl likes this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Some are not marked. Think the separation lines are probably as made. Roseville was not always rigorous in their quality control.

cxgirl, sabre123 and crowleys like this.
  5. Brenda M

Brenda M Member

Thank you. I appreciate it!

cxgirl likes this.
  6. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Looks good to me. I have several pieces of Donatello, one is marked with a blue R, none of the others are marked :)

crowleys likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted