Rose Medallion Platter Help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Deux Coeurs, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Deux Coeurs

Deux Coeurs Well-Known Member

I've had this platter for quite a few years, likely picked up at auction or a little shop somewhere; I honestly can't remember. Can anyone give me an estimate on the age of this? I'm looking to unload some stuff because I have way too much. However, I want to know what I have first before I start sending things off. Thank you for any help! Screenshot_20210909-130458_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210909-130518_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210909-130540_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210909-130555_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210909-130614_Gallery.jpg

bercrystal likes this.
  2. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Chinese seal type mark - Dà qiánlóng qǐng - Qianlong Emperor Great Qing (dynasty). Probably third quarter of the 20th century, produced in Macau as well as the mainland, so a relatively modern reproduction.

3. Deux Coeurs

Thank you!

John Brassey likes this.
  4. Francisco G Kempton

Francisco G Kempton Well-Known Member

They are certainly modern, it is interesting as I just watched video about famille rose by Chamberline and he notes that the ground was origionally orange and gradually as the plates become more modern the ground becomes a darker and more red colour.

judy and Deux Coeurs like this.
  5. Deux Coeurs

Definitely interesting! I will say that the color that looks red in my photos (on my end anyway) is actually a burnt orange. I noticed it when I took the photos but wasn't able to correct it.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted