Featured Rockin' Out !

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by bosko69, Jun 10, 2023.

1. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Here's one of newer pieces of furniture my lady found.She was walking thru a Hospice Thrift and found this for $125.I saw the Star Trek cool of it,but that orange Naughahyde-hmmm:bored:.
    Then I looked it up-guess i need to study Japanese MCM more ?
    Vintage Tendo Mokko Heron rocking chair- Mitsumasa Sugasawa, 1960's.Molded formed oak plywood with inlay.

ROCKER1.jpg Rocker2.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

3. bosko69

Here's another piece of Tendo Mokko we saw at the V&A-molded wood stool.Looking for a deal.I think they still sell this model.

Tendo Stool V&A.jpg

4. bosko69

Thanks Book-much of the Japanese MCM Zen modern is amazing.Who has better instincts for beautiful simplicity.

Born2it, pearlsnblume, judy and 3 others like this.
  5. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

That’s a very cool chair!

6. bosko69

Thanks Boland.My Lady's not an 'Antiquer',but whether it's a rock at the beach or this rocker,she's got a hell of an eye.
    She almost doesn't care what it's worth,it's all the beauty & elegance.Me-I've just sold too much to be that pure anymore.
    I mean I still see the beauty,but am schitzo-also simultaneously see the $$$$$.

7. ulilwitch

ulilwitch Well-Known Member

That's a beauty!

Born2it, Boland, pearlsnblume and 4 others like this.
  8. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

THAT looks SO.......Simple, modernish, and best of all, Comfy!!!! Good luck with it!!!!!:happy::happy::happy:

9. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

10. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

11. bosko69

Thanks Aquitaine-It's a keeper.If either my Wife or I say it's a 'keeper',it stays.
    Houseful-That Facebook Chair I couldn't afford to keep ! FB Mkt is generally one of the most boring used baby clothes sites on the Web-BUT,you never know.
    A fellow on our board found a collection of antique drinking glasses,goblets,stems on FB & picked-up something like 150-200 pieces of Tiffany,Czech,Moser for $200.
    Not sure of the exact numbers-but something absurd like that.So if you've got the time & concentration (& mania ?)-it could happen to you.

johnnycb09 and Boland like this.
  12. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: @Houseful, NOW There's a guy on Facebook who seems to have a knack for getting the right stuff!!! KUDOS to him!!!!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
    Houseful likes this.
  13. bosko69

My brain can only tolerate so-much surfing,but it's out there.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  14. silverbell

silverbell Well-Known Member

LOL! I repeat what I said in your "Pickers" thread!!!

johnnycb09 likes this.
  15. Houseful

The only thing I found on FB marketplace as some of you will know was a carved Dayak shield for a fiver. I don’t really look there much as I’m more interested in jewellery and that’s always overpriced here. Here’s the original advert where it looked really small but turned out to be large.
    IMG_3430.jpeg IMG_3434.jpeg

johnnycb09, komokwa and Bakersgma like this.
  16. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

johnnycb09 and Houseful like this.
  17. bosko69

I know some of the early IKEA can go for quite a lot, 'early' meaning 50's up into the recent 2000's.
    https://www.barnebys.com/blog/ikeas-most-expensive-designs
    House-The Dayak shield's beautiful.The carvings remind me,motif-wise,of Shang bronzes.
    What's the smaller carved plaque next to it ? A takeoff on Benin bronzes ?

johnnycb09 likes this.
  18. Houseful

It was Komo who recognised it and also the wooden African plaque which I didn’t buy, they were asking a fiver for that too but I didn’t love it so passed.

Draft saved Draft deleted