Featured Rhinestone Cuff Bracelet ID Help

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by cxgirl, Apr 25, 2016.

1. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Hoping to be able to id this bracelet, seems to pretty to be an unknown. It is 6 1/2"L x 1 1/2"W. No marks.
    Any information appreciated!
    thanks for looking.
    DSC06151.jpg DSC06153.jpg DSC06156.jpg DSC06161.jpg

2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    The only thing I can say is it is after 1955. That is when the AB stones were invented.
    greg

3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Thank you Greg for that info.....I learned something new today (and it's still early in the day:shame:

Pretty bracelet.

4. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

I love those stones and didn't know that! :)

cxgirl likes this.
  5. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Me too, didn't know that. Thanks, Greg!

CX, I wonder if it could be a D&E bracelet. They always talk about the "figure 8 puddling" on the back. There are other tell tale signs, the clasp may or may not be consistent with D&E. I not an expert on D&E, but might be worth looking into.

It does seem to be a cut-above, would not be surprised if it was a designer piece. Very pretty.

cxgirl and KingofThings like this.
  6. Lucille.b

Giving it a few minutes thought, I now believe this is D&E. (Delizza and Elster.) Their jewelry was sold with a hang tag, not signed.

They do a lot in groups of 5, and I just realized I have a D&E bracelet with a positive ID. Fished it out, took a look and the clasp on mine is identical with the little pattern of yours. Will post a photo later.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    cxgirl and KingofThings like this.
  7. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I didn't know that either Greg, thank for the information.
    Good find on your bracelet Lucille:) Yes, post a photo!
    I had thought D&E but didn't find anything similar, will have a better look later on today.

KingofThings likes this.
  8. Lucille.b

Sorry for the poor photo quality, here is the pattern on the back of the latch of mine:

d2.jpg
    The outside of the latch is a bit different but that angled pattern seems to be identical to yours.

cxgirl likes this.
  9. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

thanks Lucille:) Yes, they do look the same. Would love to see your bracelet too!
    I was looking at this page (link below) and it says they used a running chain of rhinestones along the outer edge - not sure if mine would qualify as a 'running chain' - will keep looking.
    http://www.agedandopulentjewelry.com/pages/puttingtogether.htm

spirit-of-shiloh and Lucille.b like this.
  10. Lucille.b

Here is a photo of mine. I had sold a 5 link D&E a few months earlier and saw this at a flea market for $12 and immediately recognized it. It is missing a entire section, no replacing that really, but I knew it was D&E and decided to get it just to...just to....just to have it!

de1.jpg de2.jpg

(This 5-link design is classic D&E.)

A small note on yours, CX. I don't think I would call yours a "cuff" if you are selling. I usually think of a cuff as being a non-bendable "C" shape if I have that correct.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    cxgirl likes this.
  11. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

That looks beautiful Lucille:) You might contact Rhinestone Rosie if you want to bring it back to life. I just got my Sherman bracelet back and it looks wonderful. Her prices are very good and they say they have replacement stones for all makes.
    Thanks for the info on 'Cuff' bracelet, I wasn't sure about it.

12. Lucille.b

Thanks, Cx. :)

Mine is missing an entire structure, not just stones, the vertical set of 3 to the far right. They would have to rebuild the setting to restore it. I probably wouldn't go that route due to potential cost, but good to know there is that option. I hadn't heard of Rhinestone Rosie, so glad to have that reference. Thanks!

At the time I looked up my piece and found one sold in perfect shape for $70 or so. I think with a declared repair I might be cutting into that amount quite a bit, if it was a more rare D&E I might be looking into fixing it, but you never know!

I just looked up RR's website and it is pretty impressive.

Glad your Sherman bracelet came out well. I remember when you posted that, just gorgeous.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    cxgirl likes this.
  13. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

D & E has what looks like poured figure eights on the back and I don't see that on your piece. Can you post a close up of the back of the rhinestone section?

cxgirl likes this.
  14. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

There is no figure 8 puddling on this one Mill Cove
    DSC06160.jpg

15. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

spirit-of-shiloh and quirkygirl like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted