Retro Cabinet

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by nathan1800, Feb 2, 2022.

1. nathan1800

nathan1800 New Member

Hello First time poster
    I have been cleaning out a shed that came with a house that i brought and was wondering if some of these furniture pieces might have some value. ( not going to post all at once) but we some huge interest in some items when I posted a pic of a mirror and hope I don’t miss something.
    So I have a cabinet with a fold out draw no other marking that i can see.

Thank you all for your time

Attached Files:

judy likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice bar cabinet...looks 50's or 60's to my eye..
    I don't see big value......

[​IMG]

Bakersgma, sabre123 and judy like this.
  3. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

retro is selling is some parts of the country. Nor sure where you are . Washington state and texas seem to be good. Here in Missouri not much value.

Born2it likes this.
  4. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

1960s modular furniture design

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Is there a door missing on the bottom left ? I think you'd be surprised how much it'd go for . People still seem to love MCM.

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Regardless of quality.

Debora

7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

As other said, really depends on where you are. This might be a $500 piece (or more) in Chicago, NYC, or LA. Not worth much in Podunkville, Midwest. I live in a semi-rural town of about 200,000 with a major university. I would have customer interest, but it would probably need to be under $200.00 to sell.

8. Fern77

Fern77 Well-Known Member

I've just watched some (I don't have the stomach for the whole thing) of a British show called "The house the 50s built" which is an apology of the spontaneous combustion of taste that occurred during the said decade. I was expecting a wink for fifteen minutes as the guy praised purple synthetic carpets, and the hiding of a gothic fireplace behind plywood to install a yellow electric heater. Which goes to show there's a public for MCM--the presenter, writers, TV channel/media, and intended audience. (sorry for the venting)

9. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

And it may be a trick of the light, but I see buckling on the bottom right door :(

10. nathan1800

nathan1800 New Member

Thanks Everyone for your input !!!
    I’m located in Australia NSW.
    And its great to see a bit of insight and info about this piece of furniture

Figtree3 likes this.
  11. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

It's a small double glass door, Johnny. I thought it was missing at first too.. :oops::smuggrin:

johnnycb09 likes this.
  12. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Welcome to Antiquers, @nathan1800 . I should have guessed you were in the southern hemisphere -- nice weather outdoors! Not sure whether we have any Aussie members who would know the going rate of something like this. I hope you do well with it.

13. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Oh! I see it now !

antidiem likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted