Requesting Opinions on Roseville Look-a-Like Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Dec 3, 2015.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello everyone - Just want to know if I'm on the right track. This vase stands almost 8" tall. To me it looks like it was inspired by Roseville's Cherry Blossom pattern. At the same time it's really pretty nicely done. I'm assuming it's Japanese from around the same period (or shortly after) as the Cherry Blossom line. Somewhere I thought I saw a note that green on the bottom rim meant something but I can't remember what it was. Any opinions/guidance much appreciated. Thanks!
    Don

DSC04041.JPG DSC04042.JPG DSC04043.JPG DSC04044.JPG

2. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I'm getting a modern vibe after seeing the bottom.

3. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Didn't we do this vase or a similar one somewhere, sometime? There is a Japanese version of this Roseville vase but this one is modern Chinese. The green is indicative.

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Ah, I knew that green meant something! Thank you Bev and verybrad. I'm on the right track now!
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted