Requesting Info, Fake Schneider Glass?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Erinbu, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Erinbu

Erinbu New Member

I am going through items of a passed family member and selling them for her estate. I came across this vase which she always talked about donating to a museum, and I was wondering if anyone could share any information they may have on this piece. The only marking reads "schneider" but I can't seem to find anything like it among the Schneider glass collections out there. I feel like this may not be the real deal at all.. This vase is about 10" tall and is a yellow / Lime green color. I will attach pictures. Please let me know if you have any clues, or an idea where I can begin my search!
    Thanks!

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Is the base hollow or solid? Doesn't look like typical Schneider but they did do some more simple things. It also doesn't look like a vase worth faking as Schneider to me.

3. Erinbu

Erinbu New Member

The base is hollow!

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

They did do some hollow base pieces with applied rings. Here is the closest I could find...... That said, the coloration is rather weak for Schneider. The signature looks OK to me. Think it is worthy of some more research and/or having someone well versed in Schneider have a look.

upload_2016-4-2_21-22-14.png

cxgirl likes this.
  5. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted