Featured Reproduction Alert! NOT Austrian Art Nouveau Bat Lamp!

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Darkwing Manor, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

Not one but two of these repros popped up in my feeds today. I am surprised because I typically spot one only every 2-3 years. I own the company's catalog and five of their lights so I can speak with complete confidence that these are reproductions. If you look at the casting seams and the glass quality alone, it is obvious they are not period. This is the first time I have seen one "signed". The family did face legal action when they first started making these, as they were passing them off as originals. So, that might explain the "Austria" stamp. Mine do not have that. I have contacted the ebay seller, we will see if he amends the listing. The value will probably not be affected at the opening bid, they are solid bronze and retailed for about that. If you recall I recently sold my bat floor lamp by the same makers. Ever vigilant! https://www.ebay.com/itm/2654018078...,osub=osub,crd=crd,segname=segname,chnl=mkcid ebay fake!.jpg bat chandelier.jpg bat1.jpg bat i.jpg

elarnia, komokwa, bercrystal and 7 others like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the bay seller will not be pleased..

Darkwing Manor likes this.
  3. Darkwing Manor

nor the hapless buyer.

komokwa likes this.
  4. Darkwing Manor

We are having a conversation. I think I have the seller convinced. :angelic:

5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

That switch thing looks a bit old (to my unknowing eye).

This thingy.

upload_2021-11-18_22-35-38.png

Last edited: Nov 18, 2021
    Fid likes this.
  6. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

by whom would the original design be ? are there any cast marks on the originals ? are they marked GESCHÜTZT ?

Draft saved Draft deleted