Repousse plaque silver tavern scene

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Bev aka thelmasstuff, Mar 24, 2024.

1. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

thumbnail_image0.jpg thumbnail_image1.jpg thumbnail_image2.jpg thumbnail_image3.jpg I posted this a long time ago but maybe there is new info available. There are no hallmarks that I can find. It appears to be silver and not plate. It might be the top half of a box cover. There is a rivet in the middle that is smooth inside but is broken on the outside. It may have been attached to a finial or knob. It's a typical tavern scene usually found on Dutch plates. There is a raised flower and scroll design around the outside. I took a closeup of the edge so you can see there is a repeating design of tiny flowers and scrolls alternating with a scene of three houses amid trees. I've found many examples but nothing like this.

Picture 1, front; picture 2, back; picture 3 side view; picture 4 close up of edge

Marote and wlwhittier like this.
  2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

3. Bev aka thelmasstuff

I just realized there are fifteen different little scenes around the edge! They don't repeat. One even has a windmill. Amazing IMG_3712.JPG IMG_3724.JPG IMG_3722.JPG IMG_3721.JPG

wlwhittier, Houseful and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

wlwhittier likes this.
  5. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

Well yeah, but at least you know the company who made it most likely. Take a look at what other products they put out and hopefully find something similar in shape and edge design.