Relationship between VOlkstedt and Schwarzburg ceramic makers?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by sunday silence, Jun 1, 2022.

1. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

The data base I subscribe to describes the impressed Schwarzburg fox mark as "Schwarzburg Workshops for Porcelain Art (volkstedt)" and no other information. If I have a Schwarburg figurine including both the impressed fox mark and words "schwarzburg workshops for Porcelain Art" written in German, then would similar Volkstedt pieces be reasonable to compare them to in terms of price?

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Sounds reasonable to me, but in this area, I know very little.....sorry!!

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Volkstedt is a place in Germany and home to more than one porcelain company. But all the porcelain companies located there would have been drawing on the same labor pool.

Draft saved Draft deleted