Featured Regimental abguss black forest pipe

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lark, Jan 5, 2022.

1. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I debated on this and Militaria. I am also sorry for posting so much lately but the wind chill here in Missouri is very cold. A you can see my new dog is hogging the fire again. So not much else to do but get things on Etsy and Ebay. From my research it is a regimental pipe with names of officers. I am assuming the 168th regiment. I have found a good description of these pipes on another site. But I am horrible reading older script and especially in another language. I am interested in what it says at the front under the cap and the back. no need for all the names. It does have the dates 1906-1908. missing some of the metal bands in between sections and one half of the bow at the bottom of the front is damaged. Other wise in pretty good condition. the square piece below the rope coiled section has 7Cp on one side and 168 on the other. measures 56" IMG_20220105_120438810.jpg IMG_20220105_120451423.jpg IMG_20220105_120502688.jpg IMG_20220105_120521488.jpg IMG_20220105_120545454.jpg IMG_20220105_121007969.jpg IMG_20220105_121138855.jpg IMG_20220105_121241353.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

@anundverkaufen ....

That's one of the nicer pipes of that ilk that I've seen !!!

OH......& no need to be sorry...when posting interesting items like this !!!!!:happy::happy::happy:

Potteryplease and dude like this.
  3. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

Thanks, It is exceptional long I think as well. too bad about the missing bands but they should not be too hard to replace.

dude and komokwa like this.
  4. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

5. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

dude and Aquitaine like this.
  6. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

7. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

for further research.
    Andenken an die Dienstzeit
    bei der 7. Companie
    5. Grossherzoglich hessisches Infanterie-Regiment No. 168
    Offenbach 1906 - 1908

typical Reservistenpfeife that was bought at the end of the time of duty.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
    Figtree3 and Lark like this.
  9. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Fid. I did not come close to getting all that other than the company and regiment!:happy:

10. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

11. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

I see you are from Switzerland. I went to school in Montana Crans for one year because Muammar Gaddafi had kicked the Airforce out of Libya and we had to go else where for school. My Dad picked Pre Fleuri because he thought it was a strict swiss school. Little did he know! I loved that year. Fond memories.

Figtree3 likes this.
  12. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

outer appearance... we're humourless and sober...they say...

13. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

But it is the inner that counts!

14. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

I'm happy that nobody understands the dialects... or tourism was dead.

Draft saved Draft deleted