red-orange lava pitcher

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jeff Drum, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

I think lava is the correct term. Looks mid-century to me and hand-made, not molded. I can't make any sense of the marking on the bottom - only thing I can make out are numbers which don't help. But there seems to be some writing and maybe a seal of some kind. Can anyone help?
    P3040763.JPG P3040764.JPG P3040766.JPG P3040767.JPG P3040769.JPG P3040770.JPG P3040771.JPG P3040772.JPG

judy and Huntingtreasure like this.
  2. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

if you google German fat lava marks you may find it.

judy and Huntingtreasure like this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Sure looks like it; we don't see much fat lava in the US. Or we might, but no one collects it that I know of.

Jeff Drum and judy like this.
  5. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

Awesome, SIS. I can't believe you saw that! Thank you!! I must have looked at it for 10 minutes trying to find "Germany" or some other country on it somewhere. It turns out this mark doesn't have "Germany" but a shortened form "Germa." - who knew? From an ebay pot:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
    say_it_slowly likes this.
  6. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Ha Ha well I've always thought their logo looks like a cartoon cat face so I remember that.:rolleyes:

Jeff Drum likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted