Red glass shade I think

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Kevolee, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Kevolee

Kevolee Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure this is a lampshade but I can't find others similar to it. It has a crackle glass effect and the red color seems to be painted on. It stands around 6.5" tall and is about 6.25" across the bottom. One interesting thing is if you rub a finger along the glass from the bottom to the top there are sharp edges on the patterns. I will appreciate any help or thoughts on this. IMG_8320.JPG IMG_8321.JPG IMG_8322.JPG IMG_8324.JPG IMG_8323.JPG IMG_8325.JPG

judy and KSW like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

4. Kevolee

Kevolee Well-Known Member

Thanks you guys. There seems to be some disagreement among the different sellers on descriptions and uses, but you nailed it again. A couple of things I am wondering though. To be legitimately called crackle glass, do the cracks have to be within the glass? These seem to impressed or pressed onto the glass, if that makes sense. One also says they are handblown and I am wondering if that is possible or more likely that they were somehow molded? Thanks again for your efforts.

Draft saved Draft deleted