Featured Red glass bowl ...whodunnit?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by evelyb30, Dec 22, 2022.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's newer than anything I'd normally buy, but it was bright red, maybe with a little orange at the right angle. Maybe not. The ovals put me in mind of flattened bullseyes.

Liberty? Viking? Somebody else?
    DSCF9177.JPG DSCF9178.JPG DSCF9179.JPG DSCF9180.JPG

judy, cartoongirl, Rclinftl and 6 others like this.
  2. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

3. evelyb30

Viking it is! I figured someone would know.

4. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Awesome ID Tallcakes. Amazing knowledge here. :)

Ruth, I bet that would look fabulous on a holiday table. Where I live, young folks are getting into Viking glass!! Especially the swung vases, but this kind of thing as well. Very nice.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2022
    Figtree3, judy, Rclinftl and 2 others like this.
  5. evelyb30

Right now it's in the living room window, since there aren't any kitties to knock it over.

6. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

I am painfully aware of this pattern - about a year ago I stumbled upon this goblet and grabbed it for $12 - it is MAMMOTH - to give you an idea you could probably pour close to an entire pot of coffee in it - it is HUGE - and I thought how fabulous would it be to have a table setting of these for Yule dinner - well only about 3 have showed up since - 2 of them for over $40 each PLUS shipping & Tax - one did finally show up about a month ago for a little over $30 including shipping but at this point I think mission abandoned...

viking.jpg

komokwa, Figtree3, bercrystal and 2 others like this.
  7. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

If used for wine or any alcohol, can imagine one festive meal!

If you haven't done so, maybe put a search on Ebay that will alert you to new auctions as they appear and some may be more affordable. You could have a set by Christmas 2023!

Figtree3, Rclinftl and bercrystal like this.
  8. evelyb30

At that size, any party would get merry in a hurry. Wouldn't put coffee in them though; I want mine in a mug I can nuke if it gets cold.

Figtree3, Rclinftl and bercrystal like this.
  9. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

ironic in that I haven't had a drink in over 35 years - but I strongly encourage the intoxication of others :O)

10. evelyb30

I can wobble on my feet these days with no drugs required, so I don't either. But a hot cocoa with brandy or rum in it right now... don't I wish.

Rclinftl likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted