Recognize the text.

Discussion in 'Art' started by Tautve, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Tautve

Tautve Member

Hello, maybe someone is good on text recognizing. Maybe can someone decode what is written here. Only what i can read is Gustav Klimt, but there are more text next to it. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Do you have access to the entire item on which these "words" appear?

3. Tautve

Tautve Member

Yes i have

4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I see a word that looks like Danae. Danae was one of those human females Zeus developed a passion for. Although her father had imprisoned her in a structure from which she could not escape, Zeus came to her in the form of a golden rain shower. I see what could be golden rain in the painting.

Bakersgma likes this.
  5. Bakersgma

So, could you post a picture of the whole? It might give someone clues to the other names.

Bronwen likes this.
  6. Bronwen

Klimt did do a Danae. No green in the scene.

[​IMG]

7. Tautve

Tautve Member

I agree with you, one word here is looks like Danae to me too. And the story you told here, tells why there is a golden rain. I attach a full photo of an painting. Maybe it will help with other words, maybe there is a name of Woman in this photo. Hmmm

Attached Files:

Bronwen likes this.
  8. Tautve

Tautve Member

Already done it in another reply, check it out. There are more photos. I have also some testing of the metals used there, from what they are made. Also i am interested in any opinion about this painting. Can it be real one?

Attached Files:

9. Tautve

Tautve Member

More photos

Attached Files:

10. Bronwen

upload_2021-8-23_16-28-9.png

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  11. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

I think I see "avaricia," meaning avarice or greed. There's another word I can't make out though.

Bronwen likes this.
  12. Bakersgma

The long word above Klimt may be Holoferne (which is another of his works.)

13. Tautve

Tautve Member

I see it too now, i seems to be avaricia

Attached Files:

14. Tautve

Tautve Member

Hmm, you have very good skills. Its hard to see that word, but it seems to be it. What can it mean, its like two words of Gustav Klimt works, Danae and Holoferne. The women seems to be like Holoferne here, and the gold rain from Danae. What about signature, any chance its signed by Gustav?

15. Bronwen

No.

16. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Whether it is an original by Klimt: I'd think the style doesn't look right for that artist; he tended to use a great deal of gold, or actual gilding; but I am not an art expert. Perhaps it was intended to be "in the style of" or "after" Klimt?

Any Jewelry, Bronwen and Bakersgma like this.
  17. Bakersgma

Someone's "homage" to Klimt, but not his style at all.

18. Tautve

Tautve Member

Maybe it was made before he had some "Gold" in his hands? I have X-ray spectral microanalysis of the "gold" part here, maybe it can tell more about it.

Attached Files:

19. Bronwen

The only painting I can find that satisfies 'klimt painting holoferne' is his painting of Judith holding the head of Holofernes. Why in the world would the word 'Holoferne' appear here? If there is a reference to this other work of his surely it would say 'Judith'? She's the one with the gold showering down.

BTW, think in some versions of the Danae story Zeus comes down as a shower of gold coins.

I see what looks like a word in cursive starting with Z. Completely unintelligible.

20. Bronwen

No idea how or why most of that message is struck through. It's not an editing option, can't undo.

all_fakes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted