Received this piece yesterday...worth millions?

Discussion in 'Art' started by CTantiquing, Mar 20, 2015.

1. CTantiquing

CTantiquing New Member

This was in the family for quite a while from what I hear and would like to know if it is worth getting insured or not (keeping it in the family). I am not an art person but do get interested from time to time. It is 55"x30" from frame corner to frame corner. I am going to start looking into it further now (did some basic searching with no results) but also figured I would post it and see what you all can tell me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Chris,
    What do I say to let you down easy especially about a family heirloom? You do not need to spend money on insurance. This was a very popular painting in the 1960s. I have seen it in two other color ways. It is an over the sofa factory painting. They are still being advertised as "Starving Artist" sales.:oops:
    greg

KingofThings and CTantiquing like this.
  3. CTantiquing

CTantiquing New Member

Thanks for the reply. You do not have to worry about letting me down easy. I know that family items are more valuable to the family then to anyone else (most of the time). I am super inexperienced with paintings and was just looking for info like that. The coolest part about this piece to me is that I think it looks nice on my wall. Thanks for the info!!

trip98, antidiem, kentworld and 3 others like this.
  4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I like your style, so many people get snarky if something is not what they "feel" it is. As long as it is going on your wall enjoy it. Everything is not valuble that is what finding something that is wonderful.
    greg

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted