Reb Simpson Abstract Painting ?

Discussion in 'Art' started by Drew, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

Seeing if there's any listings for this artist. Measures 12 x 16 inches and is about 10-20 years old. s-l1600 (60).jpg s-l1600 (61).jpg s-l1600 (62).jpg

2. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

Do you know it's Reb? Lots of Abstract Art Simpsons, no Reb, thus far.

Houseful likes this.
  3. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

Not sure about first name 'Reb'.... the person I bought the painting from used this first name.

4. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Dont think "reb simpson" is a listed artist at all. I do think the seller acted like he was so he could sell it quicker. What I would do is message the seller asking him to provide a link of where he saw that the artist was listed. There is nothing listed under that name.

5. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

This is quite a good painting; I would do further research.

6. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

The person I bought it from got it at an estate sale in Tuscan Arizona, and the only description given was. . . 'painted by A 'Reb Simpson'. I liked the painting and it was inexpensive, and to my eye, appeared to be well executed and in a decent frame, so I bought it. s-l1600 (64).jpg

7. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Well one thing is for sure, that ain't the first painting mr/ms Simpson ever painted.

It's probably by another painter named Simpson, word of mouth provenances at yard/estate sales are notoriously unreliable.

Draft saved Draft deleted