Real or fake rolex

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Vicky McFadden, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Have you compared it to a genuine Rolex Explorer II?

Debora

l.jpg

i need help and aaroncab like this.
  2. AmericanGeode

AmericanGeode Well-Known Member

That is a tough call. I once attended a lecture about how to ID fake Rolex watches, and beyond some clear signs, it is very difficult to distinguish real from fake via photos. Good luck.

3. Lando

Lando Member

Hey Vicky,
    Im a bit of a watch maniac, and unfortunately Rolex is one of the biggest watch companies that is replicated thru China and they have gotten so good at it that the it is almost impossible to tell unless the back is taken off and inspected internally.... You can physically compare a Known "real" Rolex and a Replica Rolex and not find any differences.... Hope this helps

4. Poisonivy

Poisonivy Well-Known Member

From what I understand with a real Rolex the second hand sweeps round smoothly, with fakes they go round in little jerks.
    Years ago I had a fake one and it did just that.

5. Lando

Lando Member

Yup I remember seeing the ones that jerked a little, now they have the sweeping needle down packed.

6. Poisonivy

Poisonivy Well-Known Member

Swines ;)

7. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Damn, that jerking second hand was always my first warning.:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
    greg

8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

That's what you get with all those pearls in China.;)

9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Unreliable so-and-so's.:playful:

10. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

9E185422-15E2-4173-9488-DF2D6CDEB494.jpeg One difference I noticed is Debora’s example has Rolex Explorer written around the inside rim. I do not see it on your example, but the photos are not the best.

11. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I have a fake Rolex which arrived in a lot of costume jewellery. It's brilliant!. Never misses a beat and spot on time. Looks pretty good too. I wouldn't ever support buying a fake deliberately to deceive but just because it may be fake doesn't mean it's no good.

12. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

Rolex does make quartz watches too , which "tick" and do not "sweep" like an automatic /mechanical/self winding watch. There are some decent Chinese Automatic watches and there are some Dime store type chinese automatic watches. Bulova Accutron electric watches "sweep" more or less, yet are not "Automatics" . Rolexes are great watches but for a "work watch / dive watch" they are very very costly for what hey are , in my humble opinion. I would not buy a "Rolex" unless it was from a very reputable dealer or online seller , and not ever from a "Grey Market" seller .

KSW likes this.
  13. dude

dude Well-Known Member

Besides the ticking sweep, the fakes are generally lighter.

Draft saved Draft deleted