Featured Real chinese painting with kpm mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jose Deleon, Aug 9, 2024.

1. Jose Deleon

Jose Deleon Active Member

I would like to know if this happened during opium war? These verte are considered to be xianfeng mid to late period. Then continued this style but declined later in the years.....this a good start? To get better dating. Kpm berlin eagle mark of this stlye started 1846,1849. Meets around daoguang xianfeng...they say trade? Or opium?

If anyone know more of kpm or information please share for others can learn & find 100% in dating

Boland, kentworld, judy and 2 others like this.
  2. Jose Deleon

Google kpm famille verte

LauraGarnet02 and judy like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Very nice, José. I like cross-cultural things, thank you for posting this.

4. Jose Deleon

Thanks. Crazy how these are together. Probably got others second guessing there belief if 19th-20th with that mark lol mysterious to me

Boland and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Interesting!

Boland and Jose Deleon like this.
  6. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

Any Jewelry likes this.
  7. JB Miller

JB Miller Well-Known Member

The marks shown in the auction aren't for the Konigliche Porzellan Manufaktur Berlin, but for F A Schumann Moabit Berlin, circa 1860's-1880.

faschumannmoabitberlin.jpg

8. Jose Deleon

Thanks I didn't even realize the difference was working when I found this & over reacted.

The marks are very similar to kpm & F A Schumann.

Was reading a little more this is what I found..
    Part from Wikipedia. They was sharing something & letter on they started competing hard.. the marks are very similar to each other. So I still say xianfeng porcelain & the worst painted ones late guangxu. Crazy still to have chinese painting maybe to win competing, much more to read with stm,kpm and others. Highly appreciated for correction

in 1827 and opened a porcelain factory on the site. In 1832, Schumann bought a vacant lot in the Berlin suburb of Moabit and moved production there in 1834. The new production facility was located between the southeastern end of the Kleiner Tiergarten and the Spree , at Alt-Moabit 103–105. The Villa Schumann was built on the neighboring property at Alt-Moabit 99–102. [1]

From the beginning, Schumann also sold porcelain, which he purchased as whiteware from the nearby KPM and had painted.

9. Jose Deleon

10. Jose Deleon

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  11. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

6ab574e7-cec6-4cb0-a100-d3b0d6d78cd8.jpg
    Plate from the Berlin Schumann manufactory with Chinese painting
    Porcelain manufactory F.A. Schumann (1832-1880) | Manufactory

In addition to two branches in Berlin, the Berlin porcelain manufactory had a widespread sales market with branches in the cities of Hamburg, Cologne, Magdeburg, Leipzig, Gdansk, Szczecin, Wroclaw and Poznan (more recent research with Poznan).
    White goods were even sold to China - the land of porcelain - via these trade routes. This can be explained by the extremely low price, which was lower than that of their own Chinese production. Decorated with Chinese painting, this plate was reintroduced to Europe via the Netherlands and served the current fashion for chinoiserie.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

12. Jose Deleon

So yeah, these are good in dating the stamp from kpm changed & very similar to F A Schumann mark. I believe these verte plates was painted that period to guangxu. Depending on how the face looks like

Draft saved Draft deleted