Rabbits atop egg

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by J Dagger, Apr 18, 2024.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

I suppose an Easter decoration? The modeling and painting of the rabbits is quite good to my eye. Wondering if it may be German? Some unfortunate damage but I think it’s well worth having anyway. Would like opinions in age/origin/manufacturer and whatnot. I’d only place it in the vague range of 1850-1930 or so. Picked up for peanuts in the last seconds of a very well attended sale. I didn’t find anything like it in a search B8CFB770-4EEB-4436-B59A-D2A671D50908.jpeg 23016CBB-2B6B-41FF-8C3D-3B51A7EC0814.jpeg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

wow...the top and bottom just do not match up....... to my eye !!!

I'm sorry to say..... but from here....... Fugly......

laura9797 likes this.
  3. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Ahaha. Well I never. You’re not invited to the eater egg hunt next year. Typically we are in agreement but not on this one. It’s not for me I don’t think but I do think it’s quite handsome.

Marote and komokwa like this.
  4. komokwa

Hare today........ gone tomorrow !!!!

y'know........ de gustibus...........;);)

J Dagger and Marote like this.
  5. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

I was going to say the thing about this piece being a marriage.

J Dagger, komokwa and Marote like this.
  6. komokwa

I think it need a divorce !.....:playful::playful:

Potteryplease, laura9797 and J Dagger like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted