Question about buying Meissen online

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by DarkHorse, Aug 18, 2024.

1. DarkHorse

DarkHorse New Member

I purchased these 5 pieces at a thrift store for $30, https://photos.app.goo.gl/HvPmxCXD6YqE8kK66 (I think they're real, but correct me if I'm wrong)

It is missing one of the cups, so I was thinking of buying one online. Are the meissen items on ebay generally reliable to buy? Or should I avoid that in case it's fake?

Also, do these items have any value? They don't seem like very intricate pieces, and I'm not sure what to trust on online postings.

I have one piece, that's the pink lily(?), that I can't find any information on. Does anyone know something about that one?

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

A lot of folks here don't click links. You'll need to read the instructions of how to upload photos to the board so we can see them.

komokwa likes this.
  3. DarkHorse

DarkHorse New Member

PXL_20240818_232259344_exported_1724040806853.jpg PXL_20240818_232348044.RAW-01.COVER.jpg

Attached Files:

Figtree3, kentworld and kyratango like this.
  4. DarkHorse

DarkHorse New Member

Thank you, I posted the photos above.

kyratango and komokwa like this.
  5. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Figtree3 and johnnycb09 like this.
  6. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I'm no expert, so take what I say with many grains of salt, but from the photos, they look genuine to me. 20th c. I'm pretty sure. Very sweet. You have roses and a chrysanthemum. If buying online, make sure you can return the item. Meissen porcelain is "whiter" than others which may seem "creamier" in colour.

Figtree3 and John Brassey like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted