Probably Royal Worcester. Please help with this set.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lavrentii, Jul 9, 2023.

1. Lavrentii

Lavrentii Active Member

Hello everyone!
    Dear community members, I need your help. Stuck again. Bought this set, but there is no makers mark, only a pattern one. Each piece marked B2456. Nice set, and this pink colour love from first sight. do you have any ideas about maker? I thought it might be royal Worcester. But without any information it is a suggestion. Couldn’t find the pattern number in sources.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  2. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Not Royal Worcester I think. I do see a pattern number and I wonder which factories would have a "B" or some letter above the number. Might not be relevant. I'm getting a bit of a Minton vibe from this. I would look carefully for some impressed mark on the base of a plate.

Lavrentii likes this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It’s howlingly rare to get unmarked Worcester. Might be Minton, might be Coalport.

Lavrentii and kentworld like this.
  4. Lavrentii

Lavrentii Active Member

kentworld likes this.
  5. Lavrentii

Lavrentii Active Member

Just received reply from Minton archive. It is not a Minton.
    Here it is.

"Please find attached a comprehensive list of Minton tableware pattern numbers. It does not include B2456 and I would also expect any pattern with gilding to have a pattern number prefixed by a ‘G’. This means that your pieces are unlikely to have been manufactured by Minton.

Unfortunately, was not a requirement for manufacturers to mark their ware and it is not uncommon to find pieces without a company logo, but very rare for a well-known, top of the range company like Minton.

In my personal opinion the plate you’ve sent a photograph of is really lovely and fairly well made. Whoever applied the pattern has been careful to make sure it is even, though the gold dots are not all absolutely perfect. The manufacturer has used red glaze for the pattern number as it fires at the same temperature as the gilding, which is something we see on most ware with gilding."

crowleys, kentworld and komokwa like this.
  6. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

So nice that they included info on gilding and firing. We seldom get that.

Draft saved Draft deleted