Pricing and dating small yellow chinese porcelain bowl

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jasmine Maleki, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Jasmine Maleki

Jasmine Maleki New Member

Hi,
    I am recently become interested in antique items, mostly porcelain china, paintings and figurine.
    I hope to learn more about identifying antique china and paintings.
    I just bought this little yellow chinese bowl at estate sale. I tried to upload the picture but the file size was too big for this site. I would appreciate if anyone can tell me the era/year that it was made and how much it possibly worth.
    Thank you.

20171210_221443-1-1.jpg

2. buyingtime777

buyingtime777 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the boards! Please show pictures of the entire bowl in order for someone to be able to help you.

3. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELCOME Jasmine !!! .. Joy.

4. Jasmine Maleki

I am trying hard to post the picture of the bowl but this page keep telling me the file size is too big. I have cropped the picture two times but still is not going through. I am hoping I can post it on pintrest and put the link here so you can see it there .

AJefferson, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  5. Jasmine Maleki

6. Jasmine Maleki

Yeap posting the link from my pintrest worked:)

AJefferson and Christmasjoy like this.
  7. Mat

Mat Well-Known Member

8. Jasmine Maleki

Thank you very much. The marking in the link that you posted is 99 % match. Except the factory that made mine is not clear. I can't read the marking for the factory on my china. But at least we know it was made in 1954 and it is not an antique :)

9. Mat

Mat Well-Known Member

I see the number 42...

10. Jasmine Maleki

Thank you very much for answering the question. I am very impressed with the amount of knowledge and help I just got in few hours from this forum. Honestly I was not hopeful at all but I am happy that I was wrong.

11. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

For posting images in the future, they need to be under 1 MB.......

12. AJefferson

AJefferson Well-Known Member

13. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

14. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Hi, Jasmine, and welcome!

And thanks, Mat, for posting the Gotheborg link!

img0 (97).jpg

I'm thinking it's a 4Z, maybe?

Also, the way I read the Gotheborg info, these marks are all AFTER 1953-54, not necessarily IN 1953-54. In other words, Jasmine's bowl might be from 1954, but it might also be from the 1990's. Is my interpretation correct?

Thanks!

judy, AJefferson and Christmasjoy like this.
  15. Jasmine Maleki

Thank you very much for the information.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  16. Floriane

Floriane New Member

Hi Jasmine, I would like to know if you would like to sell this little yellow bowl you posted the photo above? I already have one like this and I recently broke the second I had, which made me very sad as it was a gift from my grandfather when he returned from Jakarta 35 years ago... Thank you very much in advance for your help and answer!

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted