Price check on basket

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Grandmasattic, Nov 25, 2022.

1. Grandmasattic

Grandmasattic Active Member

PXL_20221125_145803214.jpg PXL_20221125_145808401.MP.jpg PXL_20221125_145752250.jpg PXL_20221125_145757181.jpg I have acquired many baskets recently and this one is pretty different from the rest. It has some kind of glossy finish on it and seems old. There was a tag on it saying Japanese but I don't know how accurate that is because it also said I don't know. 1 foot by 8 inches. Is it from Japan?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  2. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

The material of this basket is split bamboo, which could point to an Asian origin. But the form is that of a traditional European market basket, with swing handles. The technique used to brace the base looks similar to many Chinese baskets.

Generally, the contributors to Antiquers do not act as a pricing service. However, once we have provided likely identifications you can check ebay for similar items that have sold in the past.

bercrystal, komokwa, Boland and 6 others like this.
  3. Grandmasattic

Grandmasattic Active Member

Understood I will stop asking for price checks sorry about that. I will search that on my own and just come to ya'll for knowledge. I apologize for misusing this forum

komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  4. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

Don't feel badly. It is all a learning experience. One of the reasons we don't offer estimates is because there are so many variables that we can't account for - we can't handle the items to assess condition or see additional details, and prices can vary with location, among other factors.

Any Jewelry and bercrystal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted