Featured Pressed Glass Pitcher - Harvest Basket - Oak Leaves - EAPG?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by moreotherstuff, Mar 4, 2018.

1. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Someone suggested Northwood. 9 1/4" tall

zzzzbba.jpg

zzzzbbb.jpg

zzzzbbc.jpg

I like the pattern, but the glass itself is not of very high quality.

2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@moreotherstuff, that one too, is VERY lovely!!!! Do you collect pitchers???? I think I'm losing count of yours!!!!!:smuggrin::smuggrin:

judy likes this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

judy and anundverkaufen like this.
  4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

say-it-slowly: thanks for that. I've had a couple of Beatty-Brady pitchers.

I have 2 Admiral Dewey Manila Bay pitchers. One of them is Beatty-Brady (maybe both). One shows stacked of cannon balls, the other is ringed with artillery shells. Does anyone know if these are 2 different makers? 2 different pattern names?

Aquitaine: I have a baker's dozen of EAPG pitchers and I'm writing them up and photographing them.

Aquitaine and judy like this.
  5. say_it_slowly

Oh good for you! I started photographing and cataloguing my collections a number of years ago but life intervened and I didn't finish. One of these days I should get back to it.:rolleyes:

Aquitaine and judy like this.
  6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I doubt I'll ever finish. Apart from everything else, absolutely nobody in my family cares about any of this stuff other than me. I do this record purely for myself. As far as they're concerned, it's all junk. When I go, all my stuff will get tossed... including any records I've made. They won't even stop to look. It will just be a chore to be gotten through.

judy likes this.
  7. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

EAPGpatterns has 'Frosted Fruit' a c1880s by A. J. Beatty & Sons; another reference notes the c1880s but unknown maker.

edit: and did you notice the squirrel in the tree branch?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  8. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Thank you TallCakes.

9. say_it_slowly

Well you never know, maybe someone will view your collection with records as having value, monetary if nothing else. I know what you mean though. I have things for reasons very few people would embrace though in the right environment would have some use. I'm thinking that at some point I should try to place many of my things just so they won't be such a chore to go through. If I, who love these things, find it daunting just imagine how someone who doesn't know about them would feel.

10. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@moreotherstuff ......MOST of my extended family feels the same as yours, which is why, one of these days, I am GOING to START SELLING OFF the things that I think I might have researched enough!!!!! Family either won't want the stuff, or will take it just to sell it!!!!! It's time I started DETACHING from some of it!!!!! THEN leave the $$ to one of the Service Dog places that trains and provides them to Veterans and other people.......those dogs are SO COSTLY!!!!! :):):):):)

Draft saved Draft deleted