Featured Pres Cut Silver Overlaid Small Bowl with Finger Grip

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by wlwhittier, Jun 29, 2024 at 3:33 PM.

1. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

This is another one of those forgot-I-had-it items. 4 3/8" across the hex, 5 1/4" counting the grip, which is applied. The hole in the grip is just big enough for my pinkie; ~1/2" diameter. It's 1 5/8" high at the rim; weight is ~8 1/2 ounces. It's not UV reactive. The word PRES is above CUT in tiny raised letters, dead-centered on the star in the interior bottom, impossible for me to adequately photograph. The glass is silky-smooth, inside & out, without any mold-seams; the only 'cut' area is the hex surrounding the star on the bottom, an' that seems hand-done, as the dish wobbles slightly on a flat surface. None of the silver is lifted, nor polished away; I'll make it shine before I list it on eBay.
    Can any of you say what the purpose is for this type of vessel? Is there a name for the pattern? Thanks for lookin'!

P1410643.jpeg P1410644.jpeg P1410645.jpeg P1410648.jpeg

Marote, cxgirl, TallCakes and 2 others like this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Those dents around the rim make me think ashtray.

3. wlwhittier

Could be, I suppose...but they aren't well enough defined to offer appropriate support, imo...an' would silver be on the inside of an ashtray?

cxgirl likes this.
  4. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

wlwhittier, komokwa and cxgirl like this.
  5. wlwhittier

Wonderful...Thank You, TC!

TallCakes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted