Pottery Veuve Perrin (?) Marked: "VP France"

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lucille.b, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Think I've already determined these 3 aren't worth much in resale, they were .99 each, so don't have a lot invested and would like to use as learning tool. On the back each is marked "VP France".

They don't seem to have a lot of age, almost wondered if they were reproductions or something? When I look at other Veuve Perrin pieces they seem to have a different signature, but in fairness I haven't done much research. For the rest, they seem to have a similar look, hand painted faience.

Are they Veuve Perrin? Has anyone seen similar and general thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

vp1.jpg

vp2.jpg
    vp3.jpg
    vp5.jpg
    vp6.jpg

judy and NewEngland like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

You know that Veuve means "widow" right?

judy and Lucille.b like this.
  3. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I didn't know that! There are 120 pieces on Ebay listed as Veuve Perrin, all French. Just wondering exactly what I have. Some are listed as 18C, mine cannot be that old. If I had to guess, I think mine are 60 years old at best. So just wondering if they remade these or if I have something completely different. Has anyone run into similar?

In short, are they worth my time to list, and if yes, does the VP on mine mean the maker "Veuve Perrin"?

Thanks! :)

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    judy likes this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

It's hard to say whether the VP on your lovely plates stands for Veuve Perrin or some unknown person whose initials just happen to be VP.

5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

The decoration is an 18th C style called chinoiserie, but these are marked "Made in France" in English, so made for export and maybe as old as you're guessing.

Draft saved Draft deleted