Pottery vase, carved? Spanish?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by drg642, Nov 20, 2021.

1. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

These vases are about 7 inches tall. The person I got them from said they were purchased in Spain in the 1970s, which seems plausible. Have done various searches for Spain vases and carved vases, and google image search, but haven't come up with anything definitive. The indentations are not identical on the 2 vases, so seem hand carved.
    What do you all think about date, maker, country of origin? Thanks.
    DSCN0302.JPG DSCN0304.JPG

LauraGarnet02 and judy like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Certainly possible. I suggest you start by browsing eBay Spain (eBay.es) and its competitor TodoColeccion (todocoleccion.net.) You're looking for a florero ceramíca 1960s-1970s or a 1960s-1970s ceramic flower vase. You might find something similar. With a quick glance, I'm seeing a lot of not dissimilar pieces from France (Francia) and Germany (Alemania) although Spanish borders were closed to exports for most of the 1970s so, if bought there, I'd think more likely to have been produced there. Unless, of course, bought on a U.S. military base.

Debora

Lucille.b and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  3. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

Thank you Debora. That did not occur to me and it is a great idea. I appreciate your time and effort in this.

Lucille.b likes this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That's what we're all here for. Assisting others.

Debora

Lucille.b likes this.
  5. drg642

drg642 Well-Known Member

https://www.ebay.es/itm/265250293375
    The vase on the far right is carved and has a similar glaze to mine. They don't show the bottom or offer much info, but it is still sitting there at a pretty low price, which is good information for me.

Lucille.b likes this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It's a UK auction. And they don't have much information, do they? Just calling it "studio pottery."

Debora

s-l1600.jpg

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Why don't you check completed listings on eBay Spain to see what you find? On the home page there's a blue box to the right that says Buscar. Click on the word next to it that says Avanzada. That will take you to Advanced Search. Then put your key words in the top box and click on Anuncios finalizados (Completed ads) under Buscar incluyendo (Search includes.) Here's a screen shot of what that will look like. And try both searches -- current and completed listings -- using the word jarrón (another word for vase) instead of florero. You're likely to get a wider range of results.

Debora

Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 4.29.34 PM.png

Draft saved Draft deleted