Pottery Pot Hand painted and turned signed ?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Suzy60us, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Suzy60us

Suzy60us Well-Known Member

This was my weekly lotto buy. The painting reminded me of a rush seated chair I had as a child, late 40's. Pot is 3.75" high, opening is 4", bottom diameter is 2.5". It is hand turned and painted. There is a signature which I cannot make out. Any information on age, maker, area of maker would be appreciated.

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  2. Suzy60us

DSC09491.JPG DSC09493.JPG DSC09494.JPG DSC09495.JPG Oops I forgot the Pics

judy, LauraGarnet02 and Tanya like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

That looks Mexican. Not a fine thing. And pre-World War II, I'd think. Let's see if anyone agrees.

Debora

Bakersgma and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I believe that says Mexico on the bottom. Not sure of the age as I think they were made for a long time.

5. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I was thinking that the shape and decoration were both pointing to Mexico but did not have a resource to confirm. Glad you both think so too!

judy likes this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Think you're right re México on bottom. See it now. I do think that might be 30s or 40s. The kind of thing one would buy alongside the road... but with charm.

Debora

7. Suzy60us

My original hunch was correct. I thought Mexico, however, I could not find a similar one on the net. My chair came from Mexico I think. Thanks to all of you ! You are so helpful.

Potteryplease likes this.
  8. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Agree with Debora. Older Mexican pieces like this have such charm. Love it!

9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Draft saved Draft deleted