Pottery: Portugal but cannot read the rest of the signature

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by wildrose, Aug 13, 2014.

1. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

I have this pitcher I can read only the part that says Portugal.. can anyone decipher the rest? thanks

portugal1.jpg portugal.jpg

Pat P likes this.
  2. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Nice pitcher. :)

I think the second word is Redondo, and apparently red clay pottery is produced in Redondo, Portugal. The first word looks to me like "Iloza."

portugalpottery.jpg

3. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Gad, that handwriting is awful! LOL! Maybe trace it on a piece of paper and more of it will be comprehensible. The "a"s are very loopy.

4. kentworld

Oops! Cross-posted. Redondo makes sense, but I thought initially that the first letter might be an "F." Flora?

5. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Ah, and "Flora" makes sense to me... maybe the name of the pattern?

6. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

I found similar pottery pieces on Google, that the sellers said were signed with "Flosa" and Redondo, Portugal.

7. kentworld

Yeah, well, Flosa is as good as Flora given that handwriting! Glad you got it figured out!

Pat P likes this.
  8. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

thank you so much for all the replies and help!!

Pat P likes this.
  9. Wilhelmina

Wilhelmina New Member

It's from Maria Flosa, Redondo, Portugal
    I have an olive bowl myself from her

Pat P likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted