pottery identification help, please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by LIbraryLady, Apr 4, 2017.

1. LIbraryLady

LIbraryLady Well-Known Member

IMG_0248.JPG IMG_0252.JPG IMG_0327.JPG IMG_0326.JPG IMG_0246.JPG IMG_0254.JPG These 3 individual, covered casseroles are marked "USA." Can anyone point me toward the manufacturer and age?
    Am seeking the same type info on the yellow/brown drip pitcher. Seems too big for a creamer, but kind of small for milk. It does not have any marks. So, manufacturer/age? It is about 6 inches high.

Are the casseroles and the pitcher "related?"
    Thank you. View attachment 68214 IMG_0248.JPG IMG_0252.JPG View attachment 68218 IMG_0329.JPG IMG_0327.JPG IMG_0326.JPG

2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I believe those covered onion soup looking things are Western Stoneware.

dgbjwc likes this.
  3. silverthwaite II

silverthwaite II Well-Known Member

4. LIbraryLady

Thanks Janet. I wasn't familiar with Western Stoneware. I like the few McCoy and Hall kitchen items I have; however these have had me stumped. Apparently Western swallowed up 6-7 potteries, inluding Monmouth, and one seller has this style soup/casserole listed as Monmouth.

http://www.laurelleaffarm.com/item-...hes-lids-Laurel-Leaf-Farm-item-no-s101640.htm

Tried to paste in this seller's link, Tried. Someday I'll succeed.

Does anyone thing the syrup pitcher (thank you Silverthwaite).

5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

The syrup could be tough to ID. Everybody and their brother seemed to make this style and some were marked just with MIJ stickers that came off. I wouldn't spend a lot of time on it.
    Don

6. LIbraryLady

Don - That is useful information indeed. Thank you for the heads up.

Draft saved Draft deleted